|About Me - Terri's Stuff
||[Mar. 6th, 2008|08:37 pm]
Home for the Old Folks...
1. Tell us a little about yourself? I'm retired, living alone in Boston, 67 years of age. I have a son living on the West Coast, and a future daughter in law.
2. And how you came to be here? I joined this community in the hope of finding older LJ friends on line with whom I would have things in common.
3. And what are your interests? Reading, writing, photography, nature study, fine art Museums, beachwalking, city walks, etc.
4. Why did you join our little band? As I said above, I was looking for a group of people near my own age.
5. Which room would you like? Library.
6. And you get your own car. No car, please. There's no place to park it in my neighborhood, and no need to own one because I can walk most places. For longer treks there is great public transportation.
7. And how many unobtrusive servants would you like? Hmm, I guess I'd like a masseuse who would give massages whenever I wanted, and someone to come in once a week, clean and do laundry and cook a week's worth of meals for my freezer. Oh, and my own hairdresser and manicurist who would make house calls.
The userpic was taken on board a tall ship on the Fourth of July a couple of years ago. We went out under sail for two hours into deep water and I loved every minute of it. I plan to take other short cruises as I find them and as they are affordable.
I also love riding railroads, and have recently come upon "The Waybill", A newsletter for railroading and boat trip enthusiasts. They offer many overnight trips in the $50-$60 range which include bus transport, lodging, one or two meals, and a train and/or boat trip at the destination. I can hardly wait for summer to try out this new adventure!